Talented user experience professional with the proven know-how to combine creative and usability viewpoints resulting in world-class web and mobile applications. A proven history of creating cutting edge interface designs for websites and mobile applications. Expert in providing compelling user experiences to improve brand loyalty, customer retention and visit-to-order ratios. Full understanding of Agile / UX project life cycle from definition to test and release.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
» User Experience Design
» Information Architecture
» User Experience Design
» Personas, User Journeys, Wireframes, Prototypes
» Usability Testing
» Visual Design
» Responsive Web Design
» Mobile / App Design
» Application Design
What is user experience? I’m not talking about UI.
– Present (1 year 4 months) Denver CO
As UX Architect, providing UX-driven improvements for Integer client eRetail offerings, ecommerce and marketing sites. Led KPI research with keyword analysis for e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, CostCo and Walmart. Developed effective user experience content enhancements for improved KPI results in North America.
• Established relationships with client contacts and organizations across the Rocky Mountain and mid-West region
• Help the agency grow business through adoption of UX approach for eRetail projects
• Support the drive for eRetail marketing for high-profile eCommerce projects
• Work with Integer’s clients to leverage UX design to transform their eRetail businesses
• Introduce the appropriate research to solve the identified eRetail content need
– Present (18 years 8 months)Phoenix AZ
Lead definition of user experience vision and strategy for multi-channel experiences including responsive design. Managed design and development team through all project phases spanning user research, competitive analysis, design strategy, information architecture, interaction design, and usability testing. Serve as primary client advocate for user-centered design. Online marketing, SEO, PPC and eCommerce Google certified expertise.
• Interaction Design: eCommerce Web and mobile solutions
• IxD Deliverables: Site maps, annotated wireframes, user flows, visual design comps, style guides
• Prototyping: Produced low fidelity paper and high fidelity, functional and semi-functional
• UI / UX Design: Website, web apps, mobile apps and intranet solutions
Knowing the difference between UX and UI Design
– (1 year 2 months) Tempe AZ
Took ownership of supporting cross-functional, cross-organizational teams with customers to identify, prioritize, and design Enterprise UX solutions. Demonstrated expertise as strategic thinker with ability to interact with high-level contacts, both internal and external to the company.
• First PulteGroup enterprise-wide brand and product UX strategist / architect
• Developed 5 year strategic business plan for cross-channel user experiences across brands
• Provided heuristic evaluations of existing and proposed environments, applications, online products
• Led UX interaction with web marketing, sales, and production teams
• Spearheaded analytics deployment for SiteCore, Adobe and Google search products, translating results into actionable data
• Designed for mobile, location and 3rd party services to make meaningful product experiences
Life-Tested Designs by Pulte Homes, Your New Home Builder
– (1 year 2 months)Tucson AZ
Hired to overhaul a low performing marketing department, improve online revenue channels and create new customer retention strategies. Responsible for creating multi-channel strategies to drive online and internal sales. Improved marketing activities through segmentation, testing, targeting, and contact optimization for improving customer value.
• Directly responsible for growing Online and Sales revenue from $220M to over $30M
• Site catapulted visit-to-lead and visit-to-order ratios, while shrinking shopping cart abandonment rate by 21%
• Led UX design on ground-breaking mobile application that redefined the K-6 online education market landscape.
• Delivered interactive student / teacher / parent app that helped capture the #1 market position
Sales Enablement Coordinator at Learning A-Z
Beth’s knowledge of SEO and eMarketing is extensive. Her ability to identify areas for improvement was impressive. I found her to be forward thinking, very well versed in the digital arena, and a strong advocate for positive change. She knows how to…View
– (1 year)
Managed the UxD, development and online marketing team for international marketing sales center, including creating segment-specific marketing campaigns and promotions, developing marketing collateral and reporting on campaign measurement / ROI reports.
• Pioneered A/B split testing, facilitating response-rate gains of 25% on banner ads and landing pages
• Injected UX design into major eRetailers web properties with customer acquisition increases of 12.8%
• Researched and launched nonprofit sites UX improvements for $1.2M increased online donations
• Designed high-impact sites with strong emotional appeal to maximize user engagement
- (Open)1 recommendation
CEO & SEO Strategist at Tried & True SEO LLC
Beth was our Director of Marketing responsible for creating and implementing on page solutions designed to increase ROI through custom, cutting edge optimization. Her passion and dedication to her work and her clients is unparalleled. You…View
– (3 months)
Information design is an emerging discipline that blurs the boundaries between corporate initiatives and goals, user-centered visual and user interface [UI] design, human factors [HFE], computer-human interactions [CHI], information architecture, usability, and cognitive psychology.
In my role as Principal Information Designer I work with Business Intelligence and the Executive Staff defining, designing and presenting monthly, quarterly and annual reports, for online, print and visual display. As the first person to hold this position at GoDaddy.com, my primary responsibility is the art and science of preparing information so that it can be used by human beings with the greatest understanding, efficiency and effectiveness.
The benefit of this holistic design approach comes from maintaining a consistent sense of vision and end-user requirements throughout the entire design process.
- (Open)1 recommendation
Marketing and Advertising Professional
CYMA contracted Beth as a Search Engine Optimization/Search Engine Marketing consultant in 2006. I was completely blown away by Beth’s enthusiasm, professionalism, and detailed knowledge Internet marketing/web technology. With Beth’s assistance…View
– (1 year 1 month) Tempe AZ
Demonstrated expert knowledge and application of UI design concepts, HCI standards and principles with user analysis techniques. Used deep knowledge of ecommerce to gain greater understanding of user needs in credit card and transactional-based organizations, including technical concerns, security issues, and business drivers.
• Designed, developed, and launched websites and mobile applications
• Created estimates and project plans related for UX design efforts on time on budget delivery rate of 99%
• Decreased page abandonment rates by 18%
• Improved client revenues by an average of 10% for a variety of mobile applications
– (1 year 1 month )Tempe AZ
Founded and managed company’s first designated UX team, building an A-caliber group of interaction designers and UI developers. Charged with improving UX for web properties, online education environments, social media offerings and mobile applications through quantitative/qualitative research and value-added IA/UX deliverables.
• Increased admissions by 18% upon successful redesign of Phoenix.edu
• Pioneered the usage of split testing driving response-rate 25% gains of affiliate banner ads and landing pages
• Created interactive prototypes, conducted card sort and usability testing
• Identified design patterns and produced corporate style guides
• Used Google Website Optimizer, Google Analytics, Optimizely and ClickTale
– (1 year)
Directed strategy and tactics for all Small Business Web Marketing activities. Devised, developed, implemented and analyzed campaigns to drive traffic to Equine.com, including banner ads, SEM, and email marketing. Directed – from authoring IT requirements through testing and final approval – creation and deployment of site content, including landing pages, promotional banners, customer images, and copy.
Collaborated across eBusiness team to optimize online content and functionality for navigation, order flow, look and feel, and SEO. Directed teams of designers, developers, writers, agencies and other vendors. Compiled, analyzed and distributed relevant metrics using Google Analytics and others.
– (3 years)
Established user experience team, including interaction designers and user experience researchers. Responsible for driving user experience improvements for Toyota, Sega, Amazon web properties including Atlantic Records.com, ToysRUs.com, JetBlue.com and others. Introduced and implemented a user centered design process incorporating both quantitative and qualitative user experience research, including usability testing, A/B testing, site analytics and user surveys. Developed user interface design standards and patterns; created and directed production of interaction design and information architecture deliverables including wireframes, site maps and page flow documentation.
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Opportunities Beth is looking for:
- Joining a nonprofit board
- Skills-based volunteering (pro bono consulting)
Causes Beth cares about:
- Arts and Culture
- Science and Technology
- 97User Experience
- 76Web Analytics
- 67Google Analytics
- 47Online Marketing
- 45Email Marketing
- 30Social Media Marketing
- 30Information Architecture
Beth also knows about…
Websites That Work
Glendale Community College
January 10, 2001
Agile Ux, application design, mobile design