User Experience in 2018
2017 has been a quite transformative year for UX Design as a discipline. We have seen the rise and popularity of new technologies that will change the way we think about user experiences, the tools we use to design them, and the process we use to get there — and we believe these new paradigms will set the stage for design for years to come.
2017 has been a year where we had to forget the old ways of doing design and a year to leave those habits behind. A year we had to be humble enough to learn things that were foreign (and scary) to us, but that will only make us stronger and more prepared to design experiences in 2018.
Here are the questions that we ask ourselves every year:
- What are the technologies that will affect our routine as designers the most in the coming year?
- How has the UX community organized itself when it comes to sharing and discussing content online? What is changing?
- What are some new behaviors we are seeing from users in the experiences we design?
- How has our design process changed in the last year, and how do we see it changing in the near future?
- How has our tool set evolved? What is coming up in the new year?
- What transformations can we expect in our discipline and our careers?
- What is the impact of the work we do in users’ lives, in our work environment, and in our society as a whole?
State of UX in 2018 report is out. Check it out and share it with your UX friends.